Our trainings inspire language teachers by showing them practical methods for engaging learners.
21st Century Language Learning Technology for French teachers ,
At University Lagos Nigeria
The use of technology in language learning has spiraled over the years and this 2-day seminar aims to give French teachers in primary, junior and senior secondary schools a variety of resources and skills for modern day language learning.
Kemi Dowokpor is the Founder and Director of Mind Your Language International UK. The organisation has been in operation since 2003 and was the 2014 winner of the British Languages Award. Having lived and studied in France from the age of 19, Mrs Dowokpor is not only fully bilingual but has a passion for making language learning fun.
In November 2016, Mrs Dowokpor was appointed to the cultural committee of the French Institute UK’s National Network of over 40 French Supplementary Schools.
Cost: ₦50,000 Naira/ participant
( 10% off Registrations by 2nd June!)
Includes: Lunch, USB Resource key, and Certificate of Participation.
Friday 16th June
· ICT focused lesson planning – The session will help participants evaluate their current lesson plans and show areas where ICT resources can be integrated effectively. Oral expression for learners is usually the greatest challenge, effective ICT use can support the learner within and without the classroom.
· Online Language Game Portals – Engaging learners through linguistic games is essential to ensuring continued learner motivation. Using ICT teacher can create their own competitive games relevant to each area of learning to keep the pupils on their toes.
Saturday 17th June
· Story Telling using ICT – Traditional Story telling using big books is good, but the online technologies of platforms like Story Player offers a whole new level of storytelling. Children retell stories in their own voice, correct their pronunciation and increase their vocabulary. Teachers can use stories more often in their lessons.
· Language Learning and Social Media – This session explores how teachers can create social media groups to support learners. Language learning today is very much learner led, and teachers need to be armed with tools that encourage that.
- Participants Workbook
- Useful Links Information Sheet
- French Resource USB
- Certificate of Participation issued to participants
To Register click here.